Hi, I'm John Berthels, an experienced software developer and technical consultant.
If you need some technical work, advice or help with a project, then please contact me. I have a broad background across a variety of technologies and programming languages, with a special interest in performance optimisation and development tools, including automated testing frameworks, automated build and deployment tools.
My current interests also include GUI development (with GTK) in various languages (C++, perl, ruby, C#) and web/database work (perl/catalyst).
For example, if you need:
- an application ported from Windows to Unix/Linux or vice versa;
- additional resources on an existing development team;
- changes made to an existing legacy codebase or open source project;
- performance (CPU, memory, response time) improvements on a complex system;
- an independent, expert assessment of a technical matter;
then please ask me about it.